Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our first Halloween as parents..

Kevin and I have waited a very long 8 years to be able to trick or treat with our own child. Every year we have participated with nieces and nephew, being the ones who are always eager to pull a trailer with hay and help the mommas and daddies get their kids to the door of the houses. I can't begin to tell you how amazing it was to pick out that special costume for MY child. How it felt to rush home from work and make sure he is dressed before dark, how it felt to have a picture of my child with my nieces and nephews, how it felt to take him to the door to be looked at and complimented on because of how cute he was in his costume. I now truly know how to celebrate Halloween..I get to celebrate it the best way possible, through MY child's eyes. I cannot ask for anything more.

0 comments: